[my life, my blessings, my journey]

Linked 52: Lighting Experimentation

So, can I just say that nearly EVERY photo I take could qualify for lighting experimentation? I'm still learning every time I pick up my camera how to find the best light, how to work with the available light and how to find my own style using all the gorgeous light we see every single day.

I quickly snapped this photo one night this week after bath time. My oldest snuck into her room with the iPad and hid under her quilts to play some Fruit Ninja (or was it Angry Birds? or hopefully, maybe, something educational?). She knows that if the other two littles see her playing, she won't have any time to herself. And she is sweet enough and giving enough that she would very likely just hand the iPad over to one of the two squeaky wheels rather than listen to them whine for their turn. Oh, my girl. Love you.

linked 52: lighting experimentation

As always, linking up with some talented friends. Check 'em out!
Michelle, Heather, Jenn, Heather. Rhonda, Tracey, Stacey, Andrea, Jessica, Amanda, Sarah, Janet, Lesli, Carla, Lena, Rose, Naomi, Tracy, Heidi, Kristin, Veronica,Amy,
Liza, and Jean

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That a beautiful capture!!

stacey said...

Oh yes, she IS sweet enough and giving enough that she would hand it over! Love that you captured her under the cover lit by the light of the iPad, her hair still wet from her bath. :)

Heidi said...

This is a great shot!

I'm learning so much about lighting too. It's true, every picture we capture we are looking for the light!

Heather M. said...

i absolutely adore everything about this photo!

Andrea said...

I love this photo. Her wet hair, the glow of light on her face. Beautiful. I know how you feel about how every picture you take could be a lighting experiment...that's how I feel most of the time. ;)

Naomi said...

What a sweet girl and awesome shot!

Jenn said...

I adore this one. The blanket and the lighting make it look like her own special spot.

Jean said...

Adorable. And what a sweet girl.

Beautiful photo.

Simply Sara said...

oh amanda. this is just perfect.
i love that you were able to catch her like this, being real.
i absolutely adore the emotion.
wonderful photo!

Tracey said...

I am now just catching up on visiting everyone's posts! I love this photo, and the timeless feel to it. How many children have hid under the covers to read...or to play on an ipad?

Amanda Kelley said...

I couldn't agree with you more...Lighting is something I learn everyday and it's ever changing. How did you get this shot? What were your settings? You inspire me to try this! Any pointers? I can easily frustrated working with lighting.

tracy said...

beautiful shot! i love the black & white conversion and the light from the ipad is perfect.