[my life, my blessings, my journey]

six.

Our sweet Caroline is six today. I am, once again, flooded with memories from that foggy, wet day in Pennsylvania. It was just the two of us, soon to be three. Everyone we dearly loved was thousands of miles away. Waiting.

We had no idea how much our lives would change, how full our hearts would be or how beautiful and special this sweet baby would be. In the moment of her birth, I fully understood how much my parents love me. That when they said they would go to the ends of the earth for me, they meant it with every ounce of their being. From the moment she slipped into my world, I was changed. Changed forever. I became a mother.

There are so very many things I could say about our girl, our first-born, but nothing, nothing, would be sufficient. I sit here trying to find the right words, the best words, but nothing comes. So I will say this ~ she is amazing and we are so, so blessed by her soft, gentle spirit, her sense of humor and her million dollar smile.

028edit

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!

xoxo

Unknown said...

That smile is amazing. Happy Birthday, Caroline!

Andrea said...

Such a sweet picture. She looks so happy. :) Happy Birthday!!

Dawson Cattle Company said...

Happy Birthday! very adorable picture.

Zachary Carr said...

Heello nice blog