[my life, my blessings, my journey]

four

Our girl Isabel turned four today. At exactly 5:52pm she came barreling into our lives and hasn't slowed down since. My labor and delivery with her lasted exactly 39 minutes. Yep, that's right...39 minutes. Crazy, huh? I'll spare you the deets (you're welcome) but let's just say it was fast and furious. Matt barely made it there in time. Heck, my doctor barely made it there in time. But, that's Iz for you. She does things in her own way and in her own time.

We jumped into the birthday celebrations a bit early. Isabel has been begging to have her ears pierced for at least a year. So, that's what we did on Thursday and she didn't even blink. She picked out a couple of new pairs of earrings to wear after her six weeks are up - and yes, she's counting the days until she can sport her new gummi bear and cupcake earrings. On Friday she had a few friends here at the house for "pin the tail on the bunny", musical chairs and cupcakes - I went old school and I'm so happy I did. We spent the rest of the weekend celebrating with family, riding every ride at Nickolodeon Universe and capped off the weekend with bike rides and Tangled.

Thank goodness the weekend is over. I can take a deep breathe. She is exhausting. I say this tonight in a good and thankful way, not in a I'm-going-to-pull-my-hair-out kind of way. When it comes to Isabel, you are guaranteed two things: 1). you will be mentally and physically drained after spending the day with her, and 2). you will laugh til your stomach hurts, shake your head and wonder where she came up with that one-liner and thank God for her precious soul. Every. Single. Day.

Happy, Happy Birthday to my precious girl.

013edit

014edit

049edit

050edit

053edit

4 comments:

Dawson Cattle Company said...

Happy Birthday! she's beautiful. she and our little misss would get along well, she nevers stops either.

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Isabel!!!

stacey said...

Such a sweet post and such sweet photos, Amanda. Sounds like it was a wonderful day and your love for her is so evident. Love it.

Orem Small Engine Repair said...

Thanks for possting this